To get the API Key, developers need to log in to OpenAI’s website and select ‘View API Keys’. Although the API Key is not free, OpenAI provides a free credit of about $18 upon account creation. After the free credit expires, the cost is $0.002 per 1000 tokens. If the API Key is not working, it might be due to technical issues or the exhaustion of free tokens.
To use ChatGPT API, developers need to have an API Key. This can be created on OpenAI’s website by selecting View API Keys, once you log in. In this article, we will be talking about ChatGPT API Key, how you can find API Key, Its cost, How to use the ChatGPT API key, and more. So, let’s get started.
When Did ChatGPT API Key Launch
OpenAI’s API Key was launched on 1st March 2023 for developers. The new model launched by OpenAI is dubbed using “GPT-3.5 Turbo” used by ChatGPT. Users can get their OpenAi API Key by logging in to their ID on OpenAI and tapping on View API Keys.
Does Chatgpt Have an API?
Yes, Chat GPT has an API that can be used by developers to generate human-like responses to text input, making it ideal for building conversational AI applications.
How to Get ChatGPT Api Key
To find your ChatGPT API key, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit OpenAI’s official site via your preferred browser
- Tap on “Log-In” and add your email
- Click on the “View API Keys” icon in the top-right area of your screen
- Select the “Create an API Key” icon to set your API Key
- After this, your API Key will be generated. To use your Key you can simply copy the code and paste it on the spot that says enter API Key on OpenAI API.
How to Use ChatGPT API Key
Here’s how you can use your API Key:
- Launch the OpenAI website or tap on this link
- Click on “Log in” and add your email
- Obtain your API Key by tapping on the “View API Key” option
- Once you have selected your preferred programming language, install the SDK or library for that language. You can obtain it by utilizing a package manager, like npm or pip
- Now, generate a new instance of API by using your API Key
- Once done, you can now begin raising requests to ChatGPT API and it will respond within a few seconds to all your prompt
- API even allows users to further process the response, like extracting delivered texts from the responses and displaying it and more
Is ChatGPT API Key Free to Use?
No, ChatGPI API is not free, but users do get a free credit of about $18 when they create an account on OpenAPI. For this, you need to open your preferred browser, visit the link of OpenAI API Key and log in. If you don’t own an account, create one by tapping on the Sign-up button. And it will navigate you to the API keys page. However, after your free trial expires, you must pay $0.002 per 1000 tokens.
Predicting OpenAI’s future approach is challenging. Initially, OpenAI began as a non-profit organization, providing its products and code free of charge. Over time, however, OpenAI transitioned to a capped-profit entity, demonstrated by the introduction of subscription plans and other fee-based services.
Also Read – Uncover the truth about ChatGPT pricing by exploring the question, “Is ChatGPT free?”
How much does ChatGPT Api Key Cost
ChatGPT API contains its pricing, which costs about $0.002 per 1000 tokens, about 750 words. Users can have a free trial credit of $18 after creating their OpenAI. However, once your free credit expires, you must purchase tokens for further use.
ChatGPT Api Key Not Working?
If you are facing trouble with your API Key, then it might be due to a few technical issues or you might have run out of free tokens. However, here’s what you can do to resolve this issue:
Might have run out of free tokens
To operate OpenAI API, it’s essential to have a paid account. If you were operating OpenAI API using the free tokens provided by OpenAI, then this sudden unavailability could be because you have utilized all your free tokens. To continue further, you need to purchase tokens starting at a rate of $0.002 for 1000 tokens of about 750 words.
Few users could access the API Key after switching to a different browser. Therefore, we suggest you try this method, if you are operating ChatGPT in Chrome, then you should try using Firefox or any other browser of your preference and check whether ChatGPT API is working or not.
Wait for a while
It is common for technical difficulties to cause trouble while trying to operate an API. In such scenarios, we suggest you wait for about ten to fifteen minutes and try using your API key again.