Discover all latest statistics and data on Google Bard as per July 2023.
With its introduction, Google Bard has become a major competitor to ChatGPT in the chatbot industry. Google Bard is a conversational AI chatbot designed to understand natural language and interact with humans in a more natural way.
Powered by Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA) – an AI program developed by Google’s research and development team, the platform offers unique features like automated topic suggestions, personalized conversations, and rich context understanding.
Chatbots are a type of Artificial Intelligence which can create images, music, poetry, content and other creative works in response to user queries. Bard is an example of a deep learning chatbot – this involves the use of AI that processes organic data from users to improve its answers accordingly.
This blog post will dive deep into Google Bard statistics, including its release timeline, user demographics, and technical details
Here are Amazing Google Bard Statistics (Users, Facts)
- Google Bard, powered by the LaMDA AI language model, was publicly released to users on March 21, 2023 after its official release date of February 6, 2023.
- Till March 2023, Google Bard has received 30 million monthly visits, predominantly from US and UK users.
- LaMDA was trained on the Infiniset dataset, containing 1.56 trillion words and 137 billion parameters. However, the LaMDA paper does state that the dataset includes a variety of sources, including books, articles, websites, and code repositories. This diversity of sources helps LaMDA to learn about a wide range of topics and to generate text that is both informative and engaging.
- Google Bard goes global and spread to more than 180 nations, with anticipated global reach of 1 billion consumers.
- The cost of integrating Google Bard into Google Search is difficult to estimate, as it will depend on a number of factors, including the size and complexity of the integration, the cost of computing resources, and the cost of human labor. It’s estimated that Google would see costs rise by $6 billion by 2024 if just half of searches are performed by the ChatGPT-like Bard are answered with 50 word responses.
- Alphabet chairman John Hennessy said an AI chatbot search costs 10 times more than a regular one, per Reuters.
According to preliminary data, Google’s Bard chatbot attracted 142.6 million visitors in May, up from 49.7 million [187.2%] in April.
Google Bard Statistics in Brief (As of July 2023)
|Release Timeline||February 6, 2023 (Official Release), March 21, 2023 (Access Granted)|
|Language Support||US English|
|The Basis for Google Bard||LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications)|
|Costs||$0.003 to $0.028 on top of base search cost of ~$0.003 per query|
Google Bard Release Timeline
Official Release Date: February 6, 2023, by Google .
Access Granted: Public access given to users to Google Bard on March 21, 2023. .
Language Support: Google Bard supports only one language, US English, Japanese, Korean .
Google Bard is based on LaMDA
LaMDA stands for Language Model for Dialogue Applications. It is a large language model that was trained on a massive dataset of text and code. .
Also Read – Can Turnitin detect Google Bard?
Estimated Cost per query
Experts from UBS calculated in March 2023 that for each search query Google opens its AI chatbot Bard, an additional price of $0.003 to $0.028 will be added to its usual search cost of around $0.003 per inquiry. This results in a total cost for each Bard search ranging from $0.006 to $0.031.
The actual cost per Bard search will depend on a number of factors, including the complexity of the query, the size of the Bard model, and the amount of computing power required to generate a response. However, the estimated cost per query suggests that using Bard for search could significantly increase Google’s costs.
Google Bard User Statistics
|Monthly Visits||30 million monthly active users (March 2023)|
|User Demographics||US (62.6%), UK (8.29%), China (3.22%)|
|Gender||Google Bard users are primarily male (60%) and between the ages of 25 and 34 (35%).|
|Regional Access||US and UK|
|Average Visit Duration||3.19 minutes|
|Usage||Research: 40% of users use Google Bard to research topics of interest.|
Creativity: 30% of users use Google Bard to create content, such as poems, stories, and scripts.
Productivity: 20% of users use Google Bard to help them with their work or studies.
Entertainment: 10% of users use Google Bard to play games, watch videos, and listen to music.
Google Bard Technical Statistics
|LaMDA’s Training Dataset||Infiniset|
|Infiniset Dataset Composition||1.56 trillion words, 137 billion parameters|
|Pretraining Text Data Size||750 GB|
|Information Updates and Sources||Constantly gathers information from the internet|
Infiniset Dataset Composition
The Infiniset dataset is a massive dataset of text and code that was used to train Google Bard. The dataset is composed of the following sources:
- 12.5% C4-based data: This data is from the C4 dataset, which is a collection of dialogs from public forums.
- 12.5% English language Wikipedia: This data is from the English language Wikipedia.
- 12.5% code documents from programming Q&A websites, tutorials, and others: This data is from a variety of sources, including programming Q&A websites, tutorials, and other online resources.
- 6.25% English web documents: This data is from a variety of English language websites.
- 6.25% Non-English web documents: This data is from a variety of non-English language websites.
The Infiniset dataset is a very large and diverse dataset, which helps Google Bard to be more knowledgeable and versatile. The dataset includes a wide range of topics, from technical topics to everyday conversations.
This helps Google Bard to be able to answer a wide range of questions and to generate a variety of creative text formats.
LaMDA’s Training Dataset: Infiniset
The LaMDA model was trained on the Infiniset dataset, a vast collection of text data that spans 1.56 trillion words and features 137 billion parameters. This massive dataset requires 750 GB of storage space to store its contents, making it an ideal training platform for the model to learn from and become more knowledgeable and flexible in its applications .
Google Bard: The Road Ahead
- It is estimated that Bard will have 1 billion users by 2025.
- Bard is used by businesses and organizations for a variety of purposes, including customer service, marketing, and research.