Artificial Intelligence has impacted the Search engine platforms big time. Almost every search assistant utilizes AI and ML to generate accurate and relevant responses to users’ input.
AI search engines utilize the advances of Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning to generate high-quality results.
NLP helps enhance the comprehension and interpretation of human language while ML assists in the processing of massive amounts of data to create accurate predictions. But with such a high amount of AI Search Engines available, it’s quite difficult to select one.
In this article, we are going to mention the 7 Best Search Engines in 2023 (Free & Paid) along with their features to help you select the best AI search engine. So, let’s begin.
What is an AI Search Engine?
AI Search engine is a type of search engine tool that utilizes Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning techniques to provide accurate and up-to-date responses to all the queries raised by a user.
AI search engines are capable of generating search results directly using Generative AI and Large Model Embeddings. Few platforms even allow users to customize their homepage to make it more personalized.
AI search engines also allow users to ask their questions using image and audio search effectively to enhance users’ search experience.
Best AI Search Engines
Today, there are a wide range of AI search engine options available in the market thanks to the advancement of Artificial intelligence across the world. Here is a list of some of the best AI search engines:
- Microsoft Bing
- Google Bard
- ChatGPT (with Browsing Plugin)
- Perplexity AI
What makes a great AI Search Engine?
There are several key characteristics and features that should be included in a great AI search engine to ensure effectiveness, satisfaction, and overall impact. Below we have mentioned some of the major factors that make a great AI search engine:
- Up-to-date Outputs: A great AI search engine should always be up-to-date regarding everything and should deliver accurate and relevant results to users’ queries.
- Good Speed and Efficiency: It’s essential that an AI search engine responds to users’ input quickly and delivers accurate results in a timely manner without making the user wait for too long, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Multiple languages: A great AI search engine should ensure the tool contains a variety of languages to ensure the tool is accessible for everyone without any language barrier.
- Customization options: An AI search engine should provide a personalized and customized search experience to all its users by learning from users’ interactions online and adapting its results based on the preferences of an individual.
- Advanced capabilities: AI search engines should offer various features such as Image search, Voice search, Audio Search, and much more to expand their capabilities.
1. Microsoft Bing
Microsoft Bing is an impressive AI Search engine that allows users to search for anything and ask all kinds of questions in long or short, complex, specific, or vague.
This tool allows users to search using visuals or images along with a voice search option to ensure users have a comfortable search experience.
Users can customize and personalize their feed in Microsoft Bing by adding interests such as Top Stories, World, Sports, Entertainment, Technology, and more topics to their feed.
Overall, Microsoft Bing is an excellent AI search engine that offers advanced features and capabilities and enhances users’ search experience.
Features of Microsoft Bing:
- Bing AI search engine contains a wide range of language options such as English, French, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and more.
- Allow users to personalize their feed by selecting various topics such as News, Entertainment, Sports, Gaming, Lifestyle, and more.
- This AI search engine also allows users to follow various sources and other recommended content to ensure your feed includes all the up-to-date news and information.
- Bing Search engine contains a blocked list feature where users can block certain topics and sources to avoid those topics and sources from appearing on their feed.
Pricing of Microsoft Bing:
It is a free AI search engine platform that allows anyone from anywhere to access the tool after signing up using your email.
2. Google Bard
Google Bard is another excellent AI search engine that can generate accurate and relevant responses to users’ queries quickly. Users need to simply enter their prompt on the search engine and within a few seconds Google Bard will generate excellent results for your input.
Users can access this AI Search engine for research purposes, solving complex questions, latest news, entertainment, and more. Users can perform image search and audio search on Google Bard by simply clicking on the image and microphone icon from the interface.
Features of Google Bard:
- Bard contains image recognition capabilities allowing users to search for things using Image.
- This platform also contains audio search features, through which users can use their voice to perform search.
- Google Bard leverages advanced Natural language processing to generate and respond to the queries provided by users.
Pricing of Google Bard:
Google Bard is a free AI search assistant that can be accessed by anyone.
3. ChatGPT (with Browsing Plugin)
ChatGPT is one of the most popular AI chatbots developed by OpenAI. Accessing ChatGPT with a Browsing Plugin helps users in engaging in dynamic and interactive conversations and answer users’ questions.
Users need to install the plugin to activate the browsing model in the ChatGPT. Once you have activated the plugin you can begin to search for your queries and receive up-to-date answers and data using the web.
Features of ChatGPT (with Browsing Plugin):
- Provide up-to-date information and data.
- Allow users to access OpenAI’s popular large language models GPT-3.5 and GPT-4.
- Users can perform conversational searches on this platform.
Pricing of ChatGPT (with Browsing Plugin):
To access AI Search Engine ChatGPT (with Browsing Plugin) users need to purchase its premium plan available for $20/month.
You.com is an impressive AI-powered conversational search assistant that provides comprehensive responses with GPT-4. This tool is built on a combination of existing large language models and our in-house technology. It can provide detailed responses to all your inputs with greater accuracy.
This tool is highly known for its privacy and security policy. It ensures that they scramble the IP address of an individual without storing any of the personal data of the user to make sure users have a safe and private browsing experience.
You.com also contains a mobile app for both iOS and Android devices through which users can access this platform on their smartphones.
Features of You.com:
- This search engine is high in privacy, doesn’t store any personal data of an individual and ensures users have a safe and secure experience.
- Available in an app form and can be easily downloaded in iOS and Android devices.
- Provides comprehensive responses with GPT-4
Pricing of You.com:
|YouPro||YouPro for Education|
5. Perplexity AI
Perplexity AI is an AI-powered search assistant that utilizes advanced AI technologies such as natural language processing and machine learning to provide relevant and comprehensive responses to user input.
Its deep understanding of users’ queries ensures the generated results are accurate and relevant. This platform is designed to search the web in real-time and provide accurate up-to-date information on numerous topics.
Perplexity AI is a great AI search assistant choice for professionals and businesses as this tool can perform high-quality industry-specific searches.
Features of Perplexity AI:
- Perplexity AI offers a chatbot-like interface making it easier for users to interact and ask questions on the platform.
- Provides access to advanced large language model GPT-4 by upgrading to the Pro plan.
- It allows industry-specific searches to provide a more detailed output on users’ questions.
- Allow pro users to unlock the fast API for open-source language models
Pricing of Perplexity AI:
Perplexity AI provides a free plan through which users can access the search engine using limited features. To access advanced features users need to purchase the Pro plan of Perplexity AI available for $20/month and $200/year.
Neeva AI is a search company built to make the search process more intelligent at scale and efficient for the users.
This platform has created a transformative search experience that leverages generative AI and other innovations to allow users to raise their queries and receive accurate and relevant answers in new ways.
It offers an ad-free search experience to its users and allows them to customize their homepage to make the search process more personalized. Snowflake has now acquired Neeva to accelerate the search in the Data Cloud using the techniques of generative AI.
Features of NeevaAI:
- Provides an ad-free experience to its users, so users can search for their queries without any disturbance or distractions.
- Allow users to customize their homepage for a more personalized experience.
- Contains an email search integration.
Pricing of Neeva AI:
Neeva AI offers a free plan through which users can use the platform with limited features. While the premium plan starts from $4.17/month.
Phind is an intelligent search engine and pair programmer that is capable of providing useful and error-free answers to all users’ queries within a few seconds.
This platform even proactively asks you questions to clarify any assumptions and to browse the web when Phind requires additional context.
This is an excellent platform for developers and tech enthusiasts as it helps provide detailed explanations of complex code and helps identify and address any potential bottlenecks and errors in your code.
To use this platform, users need to simply sign up on Phind using their email ID, and once you have signed up you can begin asking your questions on the search engine and receive accurate answers at a fast speed.
Features of Phind:
- Phind employs cutting-edge AI technology to deliver incredibly accurate search results and expert answers to complex technical queries.
- This tool helps enhance your code’s quality, readability, and performance by pinpointing and resolving potential bottlenecks and errors.
- Users can tailor their search preferences and customize their homepage for a personalized experience.
Pricing of Phind:
|Phind Plus||Phind Pro|
|30 best model uses per day (GPT-4)||500+ best model uses per day (GPT-4)|
8. Komo Search
Komo Search is a unique search assistant that allows users to Ask, Explore, and Search a variety of topics and receive high-quality outputs.
Komo Search leverages generative AI that helps put the search journey of the users first and generates accurate answers and links to all the queries raised by users.
Apart from this, users can also access this platform for meaningful discussions, brainstorming ideas, discussing unique topics, and even seeing what the community is talking about. This platform also provides an ad-free search experience for its users without any interruptions.
Features of Komo:
- Allow users to have meaningful discussions, brainstorm ideas, and discuss a variety of topics on this platform.
- Komo Search provides a private, fast, and ad-free AI search experience to its users.
- Its Explore feature allows users to access the discussions going around in the community for deeper engagement and discovery.
Pricing of Komo:
Komo Search is a Free AI Search Engine with no signup and can be accessed by anyone.