Go to chat.OpenAi.com and register for an account with an email address, or a Google or Microsoft account. You need to create an account on the OpenAI website to log in and access ChatGPT. If you haven’t created an account, click on Sign Up.
ChatGPT is currently one of the most used AI chatbots in the market. Its ability to generate content, code, have conversations, solve complex queries, and more has made it a widespread phenomenon.
ChatGPT is a free basic version chatbot, while it also contains a premium version ChatGPT Plus that costs $20/month. However, to access these AI chatbots, you need to create an OpenAI account on its official site using your email and sign up.
In this article, we will be mentioning a proper guide on how to create a ChatGPT Account along with how to upgrade to ChatGPT Plus. So, let’s get started.
Do I need an account to use ChatGPT?
Yes, you need to create a free account on OpenAI to access ChatGPT. To generate your account you need to provide your email address, eight-letter password, and phone number for verifying your account. You can’t access ChatGPT without an OpenAI account.
Steps for Creating a Free ChatGPT Account
Here are the steps on how to create a Free ChatGPT Account on OpenAI:
- You need to visit the homepage of ChatGPT using this link chat.openai.com/auth/login via a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- Click on the Sign-up option to generate your free ChatGPT account (If you witness “ChatGPT is at capacity right now” then it means too many people are using ChatGPT right now so, you have to try again later after some time)
- After clicking on ChatGPT Sign up, you need to add your email address or you can sign-up using your Google or Microsoft account.
- Generate a strong eight letter strong password and click on Continue, now you need to complete the verification process by tapping on the link sent to your email (If you didn’t receive any mail, click on resend mail)
- Add your first and last name and tap on Continue
- You need to complete a phone verification process for security reasons, so enter your phone number and click on “Send Code”
- Enter the four-digit code and complete the verification.
- That’s all! Now you can log in to your account and start using ChatGPT for free
You can now start asking questions, generate content in different forms, write code, and more.
Upgrading to ChatGPT Plus
When considering “Is ChatGPT premium worth it,” it’s important to take into account that ChatGPT Plus is a premium version of ChatGPT that contains additional features and benefits such as availability at all hours, faster responses, GPT-4, early access to new features, and more. Evaluating your specific needs and the potential advantages of these enhanced features can help you determine if ChatGPT Plus is the right choice for you.
This premium version of ChatGPT costs $20 per month. To upgrade from the basic version of ChatGPT to ChatGPT Plus, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit ChatGPT’s homepage by clicking on this link chat.openai.com/auth/login through a browser
- Login to your OpenAI account (If you don’t have an account, Click on Sign up and generate one using email)
- Tap on the “Upgrade to ChatGPT Plus” icon available on the left
- Now, click on “Upgrade Plan” located below ChatGPT Plus
- Add your card details and click on “Subscribe” to complete the payment of 20/month
- You are now a ChatGPT Plus subscriber and you can begin using premium features now
Is ChatGPT available as an app?
No, currently there is no official app developed by OpenAI for ChatGPT on Android or iOS devices. However, users can access ChatGPT via their preferred browser on desktops and smartphones. OpenAI has stated they are planning to launch an official app for ChatGPT.
Is ChatGPT available on the App Store?
No, for now, OpenAI has not introduced any official app for ChatGPT in the App store. To access ChatGPT, users need to visit the OpenAI site via browser.
Can you use ChatGPT without a phone number?
No, you need to provide your phone number and complete the verification process of ChatGPT for security reasons. ChatGPT asks for a phone number to verify your account and ensure their platform remains safe.
Is it safe to create a ChatGPT account?
ChatGPT utilizes data encryption to ensure the data provided by users are secured and even the model is hosted on secure, restricted-access servers. Although, it might not be completely safe like your details can be leaked if the model is hacked. Therefore, you should not enter personal details while generating responses during Chats.